About Joe Kao
Joe Kao DHypPsych(UK) is an experienced brief therapist and solution-focused hypnotherapist. He has been treating people since 2005, and he has worked as both a supervisor and a teacher on psychotherapy training courses.
Joe is the co-creator of several hundred highly-regarded hypnosis recordings, which have been used by over a quarter of a million people.
In his personal life, Joe is the father of two young boys, and he has a lifelong passion for acting, improvised theatre and Shakespeare.
- Brief therapist and solution-focused hypnotherapist since 2005.
- Head scriptwriter for HypnosisDownloads.com, and co-author of over 800 professional hypnotherapy scripts.
- Supervisor and mentor on the Uncommon Knowledge hypnotherapy diploma course.
- Experienced at assessing and marking trainee therapists’ sessions.
- Hired to give workshops on hypnotic metaphor for NLP Master Practitioner trainings.
- Co-developer and teacher of Precision Hypnosis, an online advanced hypnosis training course.
- Advanced Hypnotic Language Workshop – Michael Breen – 2016
- The Neuron Code – Six Day Practitioner Course – Michael Perez – 2015
- Provocative Change Works – Practitioner Course – Nick Kemp – 2014
- How to Break the Cycle of Depression – Joe Griffin – 2013
- Ericksonian Hypnosis with Stephen Gilligan – 2012
- Provocative Therapy with Frank Farrelly and Nick Kemp – 2011
- Spiral Somatics with James Tsakalos – 2010
- Provocative Change Works – with Nick Kemp – 2010
- Advanced Coaching and Changework with Michael Perez – 2012
- Society of NLP Licenced Master Practitioner with Michael Breen – 2007
- Integral Eye Movement training with Andrew Austin – 2007
- Creating Therapeutic Change with Andrew Austin – 2007
- Trance-endental Journeys – Exploring Altered States workshop – Michael Perez 2007
- Dance of the Elements – Bodywork and Personal Change with Joseph Riggio – 2006
- One year diploma in solution focused therapy, hypnotherapy and The Human Givens with Uncommon Knowledge – 2005
- Society of NLP Licenced Practitioner course – Paul Mckenna, Michael Breen & Richard Bandler – 2000
- B.A. in Philosophy from UCL, with a special interest in the philosophy of mind and Wittgenstein